Reading, PA 19604
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
The Mission of NEPA Inclusive is to help create and support inclusive and sustainable lives for people with disabilities. Help make a difference in the life of a person with a disability. This Direct Support Professional role includes helping adults with disabilities live inclusive lives in the community. Develop and maintain positive open communication with individual, family, and other service agencies.
There is a current need for a part-time Direct Support Professional for In-Home Community Supports to assist a deaf client that lives in the city of Reading on a 1:1 basis. Hours can be flexible, but currently the primary need would be during the daytime/general business hours. Travel with the client up to 20 miles per day may also be required.
- Follow the client’s ISP (Individual Service Plan).
- Assist individual with completing tasks around their home.
- Assist individual with daily living tasks out in the local community.
- Submit your paperwork timely and accurately.
- Plan activities of interest for individual in the community.
- Communicate with the NEPA Inclusive Area Supervisor as needed.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Must be both ASL Certified and have the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree for an enhanced rate of pay as this caregiver.
- Valid Car Insurance, Driver’s Registration, and a reliable vehicle required.
- Experience working with intellectually disabled clients preferred, but not required.
- Trustworthy, honest, and dependability is an absolute must!
- Willingness to work flexible daytime hours Sunday through Saturday for up to a total of 13.5+-hours per week.
- Typical shifts are scheduled flexibly to suit both client/family and staff member.
Part-time employees benefit from paid holiday time, or if you work on a scheduled holiday you are paid at time and one-half your hourly wage! Mileage reimbursement is an additional bonus. Plenty of opportunity for growth if you are seeking long-term employment.
See How We Can Support You!
NEPA Inclusive is a provider of services for people with disabilities who have a ‘Waiver for Service’ through the Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs (ODP). We provide In-Home and Community Supports, Companion Services, Supported Employment, and Supported Living Services.Contact Us